Yes, vomit. I'll get to that in a minute.
 
Hello again! I'm glad that I was able to email you twice this week! Hopefully you got that email already.
 
Elder McHardy - you're welcome! I'm glad you were able to use it! I wrote this in a letter to my mom, but I seem to be chosen to do the music stuff, too. In fact, a week and a half after I got here, I was called to be the music coordinator for our branch. No pressure! Haha.
 
Let me address your last letters before I talk about me:
 
I absolutely LOVED Colton's comment on the need for short missionaries in Cambodia. I laughed pretty hard! I don't know what the average height is over there, but hey, maybe he's right! ;]
I'm not that tall, and I guess we do have some shorter people in our district, but most of us are "normal" height. Elder Nicholson and Elder Blocker are definitely short, though!
 
Thank you so much for sending me Bro. Chochran's remarks. He's always been a wonderful speaker! I still remember that talk he gave YEARS ago about how Pinocchio is an allegory of the gospel. Do you remember that talk? It was really good! Which reminds me - I still need to write up my notes from Elder Bednar's talk he gave here on Christmas Day. I probably won't have time to type it up, but I'll send you a letter soon.
 
I don't think we can receive pictures through this mail system, but I'd love to see a few from this last weekend and stuff!
Whenever you have a chance to send me things, be sure to send back my memory card, too. Please and thank you!!! I'm going to make a video pretty soon of me speaking Khmae so that you can hear me talk! That will be on this memory card, so the sooner I get that one back, the sooner I'll be able to send you this one! =D
 
That's so awesome to hear that David Archuleta will be serving a mission! (I got a letter from Amber a couple days after I got your letter, and she told me the same thing!) I doubt he'll be in the MTC the same time as me, nevermind that I'd get to sing with him, hahaha. But yeah, that'd be awesome! I don't know what kind of mission he'll be serving, but I doubt he'll be able to serve a full-time, proselyting mission. (Did I spell that right?) He'd probably have to have bodygaurds with him wherever he went, or something. I don't know. But there are tons of other missions that he could honorably serve!
 
Did you ever get that postcard I sent you?
 
Thank you for your loving comments, Mom. The Lord may have lent me to you for the past few years, but I will ALWAYS be your son, and you will ALWAYS be my mom. I love you so much! =]
 
 
Alrighty, time to talk about me! Hahaha. It's crazy how fast time has flown here. It feels like we've been here for forever, but at the same time, it feels like we just got here! It's been 3 weeks now, and the English-speaking elders that got here with our district on Dec. 7th are gone now. It's crazy to think that we'll see 4 districts of English-speaking elders go through our branch before we leave!
 
We have 4 teachers for our district. Brother Godfrey taught us the first 2 or 3 days, and from there, Brother Hawkins took over. He's been the one teaching us the most. Brother Stevens comes from time to time - I think he's in training to be a teacher here or something. Brother Merrill actually started out as our first investigator, and so we taught him (in Cambodian) starting our third day here, and then after a couple of weeks, he's started teaching us as well. They're all fantastic teachers, but I love Brother Godfrey the most. He's so compassionate and encouraging, and very sensitive to our needs. I think I learn the most when he teaches us. The sad part is that after this week, he won't be teaching us anymore. He's moving up to the next stage of his schooling - I don't know if it's graduate work or his internship or what, but he's going to be a doctor for geriactrics. I don't know if I spelled that right, nor do I know exactly what that entails, but he did say he would be working with the elderly a lot. I'm really going to miss him though, he's awesome!
 
Alright, so after I emailed you on Christmas, we had another fireside that night from Steven B. Allen, who is the director of the missionary department for the Church. He had some very serious, powerful moments, but also a lot of funny moments as well. We had a great time at that fireside, and we all watched "Mr. Kreuger's Christmas" afterwards. The next day (yesterday), things were pretty much back to normal as far as classes and everything goes. We were preparing our lesson for our newest investigator, and I was feeling really sick for some reason. I had been battling nausea all morning, and I didn't eat very much for lunch. We were sitting in class, and I felt really really sick, so I put my head down on my desk and actually ended up falling asleep. When I woke up, everyone was in the computer lab next door working with TALL (Technology Assisted Language Learning), and my companion was waiting for me there in the room. He stepped out of the room for a second to grab something, and I felt like I was going to throw up. No sooner had I felt that urge to grab the trash can then I puked over my desk and onto the carpet. Oops. I puked 5 or 6 times in a row, then heaved 3 or 4 more times after that, but nothing else came up. So that wasn't very good. I had to be taken back to our residence hall (this was about 2:30 PM) and I slept for about 4 hours, then I woke up for about an hour and a half, and then I slept some more until about 10:00 PM, and then after being awake for half an hour I went to sleep again and slept till about 7:00 this morning. I don't know if it was a 24-hour flu or something, but other than a headache, I feel fine now. It might have been what I ate for breakfast yesterday, I don't know. But I was super embarassed - our classroom still smells like cleaner/disinfectant.
 
I got called up to the front desk today - apparently, Pres. McIff (2nd counselor in the MTC presidency) wants to meet with me today after lunch. I'm super nervous, I have no idea what it's for. Maybe it's because he found out that I know his daughter since her family used to be in our ward? I don't know. We'll see, I guess. I'll let you know about it in my letter.
 
I'm about a minute over my allotted email time. Aaaaahhh!!! I'll write you a letter soon, Mom. I love you very much!!! khnom srolan mdaay robah khnom. =]
 
Elder DeLong